Did you know that the Delta County Fair is a non-profit organization run entirely by a volunteer Board of Directors appointed from across Delta County?
As such, the Fair Board operates on a tight budget that must support an array of annual operating expenses related to running the fair. Expenses are covered only by income from fair related fees, event ticket sales, the use of donated equipment/services, a contribution from the Delta County Commissioners and sponsorship funds.
We are proud to say that the Delta County Fair is one of the best county fairs in Colorado and continues to improve each year through financial support from local businesses and individuals like you. In 2017, $46,923 or 39% of our operating budget was funded through the receipt of sponsorship dollars from individuals, small businesses and corporations. In 2018, in order to cover expenses associated with the fair, we must raise $53,000 in sponsorships.
Here are some of the highlights of the Delta County Fair and why your support of the Fair as a sponsor is important:
- We have the largest 4-H/FFA Livestock Show and Junior Market Livestock Sale of any county fair in Western Colorado!
- The 4-H and FFA programs teach life skills to our kids and prepare them to be the future leaders of agriculture and business in Delta County and Colorado. Your support of their success now, helps them learn skills to succeed in school and life.
- The 2017 Delta County Fair received $46,923 in sponsorships, 92% of which came from local small businesses and individuals!
- The largest event of the 2017 fair was the Demolition Derby, which completely SOLD OUT with an estimated crowd of 3,000 people! The Derby will return in 2018 on Saturday, August 11th to close out the fair!
- In 2017, we paid out $5,934 in premiums to exhibitors and gave $11,392 in championship prizes, banners, ribbons and belt buckles to 4-H/FFA members thanks to sponsors like you! Our estimated cost for championship prizes, banners and belt buckles for the 2018 Fair is $14,000.